11.02.2011

A change is in the air...

As much as I think my kiddos are extremely cute, I know endless pictures of them can be a bit much. My mission is to change up my blog a bit, try some new things.



One thing I get asked about a lot is recipes. I like to make a bunch of meals in advance and freeze them. Our weeknights are so busy that it's really helpful to have a meal ready to pop in the oven. And I'm a sucker for new recipes too, especially one's with lots of sugar. So my goal is to post recipes once a week that will be helpful to the busy moms out there.


In the spirit of fall (and my obsession with all pumpkin recipes) my first one is for Gingerbread Pumpkin Bars. I found this recipe on another blog and have made it 3 times. Super yummy, and if you ignore the amount of butter, it has to be good for you right??? This has received rave reviews from all who have tried it.





Enjoy!







Gingerbread Pumpkin Bars



www.culinaryconcoctionsbypeabody.com/2007/10/15/pumpkin-and-an-apology/


The only change I would recommend is that I did bake the bars longer than specified. I baked mine for about 40 minutes. You can give them a little jiggle to see if they are set before taking them out. And, don't skip out on the glaze. It's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment