11.19.2010

It happened again

The best intentions to post daily didn't quite happen. But instead of being hard on myself for yet another thing not accomplished, I'm going to just accept what I can get done and move on. I read a lot of blogs (when I should be posting) and there are so many out there written by moms and many different topics. What comes through time and time again is that we are all just doing the best we can and need to give ourselves more credit for what gets done and not be so hard on ourselves for what doesn't. What a great mantra, huh? It is one I definately need to keep in mind. While I'm on the topic, I read another great phrase on a blog I follow written by a stay at home mom also. She wrote that substituting the phrase "I get to" instead of "I have to" is such a great way to look at things throughout your day. I get to stay home play with my kids has a much more positive feel than I have to play with the kids. Try substituting this a couple of times and see if it works. I'm going to give it a try over the next couple of days. I seem to be caught up in the mondane of everyday life and it feels harder lately.
This post is about our annual trip to my hubby's hometown for the Ohio State County Fair. Ask anyone from his town and you will be reminded it is the largest state fair in the nation. What this means is more rides, more interesting people, and more booths of fried food of anything imaginable. Now I do mock "the fair" but the truth is we all love it and look forward to it each year. The kids call this 48 hours their summer vacation. I allow myself 48 hours of fair food which means unlimited elephant ears in my book. Not sure what that is- take a large flat piece of bread dough, deep fry it, then dredge it in melted butter, then cinnamon and sugar. Pure heaven. So at the end of August we head to Ohio for the Fair. Here are some pics. It is obvious the kids have a GREAT time. This of course was Anna's first time at the Fair and she took it like a pro. No fear, no trepidation, and her most heard phrase was "again!" So now Anna too will know the tradition of the Great Darke County Fair.





















The hardest part about the fair.... knowing you have to wait a full year until it comes around again!

No comments:

Post a Comment