12.01.2010

A Walk in the Woods

Two weekends ago, it was a Sunday morning and I was upstairs gathering church clothes for everyone when I had a thought. It was a beautiful day and I felt like we needed a big dose of outside time while it was still warm. So I asked the kids if they wanted to take a nature hike and knowing I might have mixed responses, I said they could each take a bag to collect things to make a collage at home. Everyone was excited and we headed to a park I knew with a long trail through the woods. It was the most wonderful morning. We spent time just enjoying the weather, walking along a trail. I wish I would have done this when it was the middle of fall and the leaves were all different colors but I will remember for next year. They called it their adventure and all in all we walked about 4 miles. The little ones pooped out toward the end and I knew their little legs were tired but I can't carry them both so they walked. We ended up with bags full of pine cones so we made peanut butter bird feeders later that afternoon. Now that it is 17 degrees outside, I am even more grateful we did this. Just a reminder to me that sometimes we just need to get away, take in a new setting, and be!!













And after napping for over 3 hours, I had to go and wake up this little sleeping beauty.


And this sweet prince too!


I guess all of that fresh air, oh and 4 miles of walking wore these little peanuts out!

1 comment:

  1. So sweet! Thanks for sharing your great reminder about slowing down and taking it in :)
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete