12.18.2010

It's starting to look a lot like Christmas....

It was a festive day around here with a big agenda, Santa. I took Anna and Carter to see him once a couple of weeks ago and they weren't very excited. Actually it was a just a step below terrified. But things are different when you have big brother and big sister along to be brave. So while we were getting all festive you know I had to take some pictures.


I have to mention in here that I made Callie's dress. Actually, my mom and I made Callie's dress. I got a sewing machine for Christmas (early) and we had a great time doing our first project. My mom knows how to sew beautifully but I've never sewn a thing. We did this without a pattern and I think it turned out cute. I love homemade things and hope to learn a lot more while my girls are still willing to wear what I make.


So we got to the mall and after a very long wait, we were next. This picture is one of my favorites. I love Anna's profile, it's so sweet. This was her looking at Santa from a far.


Thank goodness for Jack and Callie. The big scary man turned into someone magicical when Jack and Callie were so eager to be with him and talk to him.














Carter was much more timid than Anna and was very ready to just look at him from a distance.





Santa was wonderful and such a caring sweet man. He took a lot of time talking to each of the kids and really listening to them. He asked them one at a time what they wanted for Christmas. ( a bit of a scary question the week before!)

And this is my favorite picture of them all. This is one I will look at year after year and remember, my daughters first Christmas. I told Santa this was Anna's first Christmas and he asked a lot of questions and took a lot of time with her. Truly awesome.



After Santa we came home and the little one's napped. While they were napping I made these.



After nap time was cookie decorating time. Our friend Grace joined us for the fun.



So Grace broke a cookie and I told her to go ahead and eat it. Can you guess what happened next. Four more broken cookies, how did that happen????





Once we got over broken cookies, this was our finished product. The kids did a great job and we have some beautiful (and yummy) cookies.



I think we will watch Rudolph tonight to just to top off the day.

1 comment:

  1. The dress is so cute! I was going to comment on it before I read that it's made by you. I love the bows too! Looks like it was a perfect day.

    ReplyDelete