9.18.2010

Busy, busy, busy...

For years I've been watching my friends and neighbors with older kids run around like crazy after school and on weekends to get their kiddos from one activity to the next. When your own kids are so little, it's hard to envision doing it. But guess what, we're one of those families now. I literally walked out the door at 5:15 am (for a run) and have been going until now. Callie had her first soccer game this morning. Unfortuantely I missed it because Jack was in a parade and parents had to accompany their child. So Brian took Callie, I took Jack and the little ones and we headed to the parade. I thought I was prepared with water bottles, ring pops and apples, but...2 and a half hours later of bring in a stroller, that was certainly not enough. Carter and Anna were miserable by the end, crying, fighting, DONE! We rushed from the parade, which by the way was fun despite the length, and exciting for Jack, and headed to Jack's soccer game. From the game to pick Callie up from a birthday party. And home finally. I'm exhausted. This is it. We have entered the world of going, going and going. With 2 school aged kids there is no turning back and I still have 2 more that will eventually have activites too. This is going to give me a whole new appreciation for the time we have at home to just play and be together. And while it feels overwhelming and crazy, it's fun to see my kids excel in new areas and try new things. So were just going with the flow, just a faster one than usual!

Jack's school float.
Carter and Anna sat with Jack for a quick minute but were not allowed to ride on the float.



By some stroke of good luck, our float was parked behind the bubble bus. So while we waited the first hour to get moving, we had plenty of bubble entertainment.










Callie did great in her game and Brian got a couple of pics for me.




If nothing else, we will become one organized family keeping track of everything. No activites tomorrow outside of church, how blissful.

No comments:

Post a Comment