7.11.2010

What a wonderful night...

When we traveled to China, we traveled with only two other families. I became very close with one of them and they happened to be in St. Louis this weekend for a reunion for our adoption agency. I knew they were coming and I have been counting the days since their arrival. I posted about this before, but going through the adoption experience with another family is very intimate and you become close friends in a short amount of time. I love this family and I can't even explain how excited I was to see them again. What a special treat for me and my family. I can only hope we all stay in close contact and see them again in the future. We had a great time at our house and the kids all did wonderfully together, giving the grownups time to chat and catch up. I am such an emotional gal, it was another tearful goodbye for me as our friends left but I am so grateful for this reunion and the opportunity for us all to get together.

The 2 families.


The grown ups!

Hunter and Callie



Xiara and Jack





Kiddos and ice cream




Xiara, Jack and Carter



The rugrats




Xiara, Hunter and Anna (Hunter and Anna were adopted at the same time.)



Thank you G family from the bottom of my heart for sharing your evening with us. I will always have a place in my heart for each of you and it was so wonderful to see you all again. I truly hope we all keep in touch and our children continue to know each other.
Lots of love- Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment